TNNA recently released the results of last year’s Needlearts Survey.
Let’s look at the data for the average needlepointer:
- Age: 61
- Expertise: Intermediate stitcher
- stitching hours/week: 10
- annual projects completed: 10
- two thirds of your stitching spending is on canvases (30%), threads (30%), and embellishments (5%)
- 60% of your spending is at shops (though possibly via phone, email, or internet)
- almost 40% of you also knit, there was no information about numbers who do other crafts)
For me I’m younger, more knowledgable, complete more projects, spend more on threads and recently took up knitting again as physical therapy.
How do you stack up?