Rainbow Gallery has just released a list of Splendor colors, along with their substitutes.
- S949 – substitute with S948 (grey-green)
- S963- substitute with S964 (tan/brown)
- S977 – substitute with S818 (peach)
- S980 – substitute with S1063 (green)
- S1033 – substitute with S1032 (brown)
- S1054 – substitute with S1037 (violet)
- S1076 – substitute with S1030 (blue-violet)
- S1061 – substitute with S1123 (green)
- S1079 – substitute with S947 (grey-green)
- S1089 – substitute with S1090 (blue)
- S 1092- substitute with S1087 (pink)
- S1106 – substitute with S877 (gold)
Some shops may still have stock of these colors. If you are using them in a current project, stock up. If your design has discrete sections using these colors, you can probably use the substitute in separate sections, depending on your design. If you do need to switch to the substitute, look at some of my dyelot solutions to see if they will work for you.
Orders for threads from Rainbow Gallery are currently taking a month or more, please remember this and order your threads in advance.
About Janet M Perry
Janet Perry is the Internet's leading authority on needlepoint. She designs, teaches and writes, getting raves from her fans for her innovative techniques, extensive knowledge and generous teaching style. A leading writer of stitch guides, she blogs here and lives on an island in the northeast corner of the SF Bay with her family
Leave a Reply