Because dollhouses generally are in a 1 inch = 1 foot (12:1) scale, accessories and items made for them will often work with your needlepoint canvas. They can add an extra dimension, put a finishing touch on an ornament, or add detail to a shadow box.
Here are a few ideas I had:
- Fill a golf bag ornament with miniature clubs.
- Add a beach chair an umbrella to a shadow box framing a beachy scene.
- Use miniature ornaments to trim a needlepoint tree.
- Embellish a knitting needlepoint with needles and yarn for a special gift.
- Make a magnetic needleminder from a dollhouse book, food package or box.
Janet Granger has a huge list of suppliers on her blog. Most of these will concentrate on the houses and furniture themselves, but look around — you’ll find some great ideas.