I’m reading a book where the author is saying he’s “tired, tired, tired.” I know the feeling. Two and a half weeks into this remodeling effort, that’s how I feel. Finally, I got enough in place to find my threaders, minders, needles, and thumbtacks. But my threads remain mostly inaccessible.
I thought I would take today to show you the new office.
The whole process started because we are changing the garage to a new master suite. While cleaning the garage, my husband & son found the second hutch unit for my desk. They did not want to get rid of it & they could not put it in my office with my desk in its old position (windows were in the way). Therefore the desk had to be moved.
The desk’s new place had in it my canvas cabinet, two bookcases, an easy chair, & the wicker chest holding projects in project bags. Since no one liked the chair, we got rid of that. The bookshelves were moved, and we decided to replace the wicker chest with a small pretty cedar chest on legs that belonged to my mother-in-law.
Getting a new hutch meant more shelf space, so why not clean out and move the other bookcases? The only place to put them was where the huge, heavy card catalog that holds my threads was. So the card catalog had to be moved.
Yes, that did mean everything in my office had to be cleaned out and put into every box and bin I could find. The drawers of the catalog chunk were removed and put in the kitchen as were the contents of two sets of bookshelves — there was stuff everywhere!
We rearranged things a week ago Monday and I have slowly been putting things away ever since.
I have about 2/3’s of the books away and still have plenty of space. I can’t put away threads because a bin is in front of the card catalog. The chest is still covered with tools, so the projects are still in boxes.
Next, I will purchase a wicker hamper to hold the canvas rolls. In the meantime, it’s more unpacking. But I do like the new arrangement, there is more space & things that have been unorganize for too lonng are now organized.