A couple of weeks ago I talked about Pantone’s colors for Fall/Winter 22-23 for the New York Collections. As I have in the past I suggested that you use these colors to freshen up your projects. Today I’ll show you how I will be doing this with the Birds of a Feather canvas pictured below.
Four colors on the canvas appear in close colors in the palette, the background green, the tree, and the white & red ornaments. Looking at the palette I found four colors to use:
- Amazon (Pantone 18-6024) in the Fashion Palette
- Lava Falls (Pantone 18-1552) in the Fashion Palette
- Atutumn Blonde (Pantone 12-0813) in the classic palette
- Loden Frost (Pantone 17*0210) in the classic palette
Using the picture of my palette as the starting point, I found threads in these colors to fit, you can see them arranged with thee canvas above.
- for Autumn Blonde I used Pebbly Perle in P28 (no longer made)
- for Loden Frost I used Simply Shaker floss in Mountain Mist
- for Amazon I used Planet Earth Silk in Myrtle 063
- for Lava Falls I used Planet Earth Silk Opal inScarlet 009 (no longer made)
I started stitching last night. This is something any stitcher can do:
- Identify the colors you want to update.
- Pick the similar colors from the palette of your choice.
- Find threads to match those colors.
I’ll update this with a picture of the finished project soon.