After I finished the avocado last week I worked on this little angel from Painted Pony. It’s a mini-angel with a small star charm. I used various scarp threads for the nativity figures which is adding lots of interest. I also decided to change colors to a lovely very dark teal for the gown. It is often a problem to use outlining when the main thread is dark. To define the sleeves and edges, I used an overdyed Kreinik from Painter’s Threads (Kadinsky). I also used the same thread for the lettering.
This design presents a particular difficulty because there are so many figures on the skirt that picking a stitch for the skirt background is a challenge. I’m using Tiny Knitting for the sleeves and bodice. I’m thinking about using Carolyn;s Tiny Stitch for the skirt. My angel is solid below the lettering so I will be using Diagonal Beatty to add some texture.
The wings will be Diagonal Milanese. I’m stitching over the stars on the wings. I have some adorable tiny buttons from JABC that include stars, do I will be using those instead. I also found a little dove button so I may add it, to represent the Holy Spirit.
I’m hoping to finish it today.
I have the Three Kings mini-angel as well in the pile to stitch sometime soon.