My big problem with most needlepoint clubs is that they are just too expensive. Once you buy the canvas and the threads and the instruction each month, you’ve spent lots of money.
For me to do that I have to love the project. Really love it.
I wanted to create needlepoint clubs that were different. They had to:
- Be economical, so you could use your stash as much as possible
- Teach more than just the project, so you’ll learn about color, design, threads, or Bargello. Often with information based on extensive research outside needlepoint.
- Give you the tools you need to create your own unique projects.
The clubs are suitable for stitchers of all levels and they have resulted in many wonderful projects from club members. You can join any one of them and energize your needlepoint. The clubs currently in process are
- Mittens & Mini-socks Bargello Club – Bargello projects that can be made by you as either an ornament-sized mitten or a mini-sock
- Color through the Ages – Explore how color has been used in different times and places. Focusing on a different way to look at color schemes, this club has a small needlepoint project each month based on the colors of a specific time & place. You’ll learn lots about the colors of that period, how they were made, and how to construct your own versions. In addition each month three threads suitable for needlepoint will be discussed.
Previous clubs still available are:
- Little Bargello Treasures – Love Bargello? Here’s a chance to get a new Bargello pattern every month for a year with this delightful club. Covering a wide variety of items, these patterns are easy to stitch and make for great gifts or as special items for yourself.
- Stash Busters – This is the easiest needlepoint club ever! Each month you’ll get a new project designed to use up your stash of needlepoint thread. The projects include practical items, small and large, as well as delightful Christmas ornaments. Each month’s projects includes ideas for creating your own projects and finishing instructions.
- Christmas Lights – This is a beginning stitcher’s dream. Each month you will learn two new stitches and be able to practice them on your own unique ornament shaped like an old-fashioned Christmas light. Each month’s project features pictures of the ornament stitched in two different color schemes.
- Color, Thread & Quilts – This club explores the different color schemes (complementary, analogous, etc.) through the medium of needlepoint. You’ll get a different ornament-sized charted needlepoint quilt block each month along with in-depth lessons on color and color schemes. Once you have taken this class you will feel more confident in picking colors for your needlepoint.
This class doesn’t just explore color. In each month’s packet, you’ll get information about 5 threads suitable for needlepoint. This much thread information is not available elsewhere.
With these clubs you start with the next month and get previous months tacked on at the end.
All of my clubs are available anytime, Just click here to join one today.