One of the best things about step-by-step tutorials is that you can discover so many things that you can turn around and apply to other projects.
Kelly Clark’s amazing tutorial on making a stumpwork koi (pictured here) is exactly the kind of tutorial that will spark your imagination and creativity.
Look at how much is here:
- how to use Memory Thread to shape an outline
- using Sparkles to make a raised shape
- using Sparkles to make a tail
- how to make curls with Memory Thread
- Using silk ribbon to add fins (or feathers)
- how to make whiskers with Sparkles
I’m off to find a canvas I can use to try some of these ideas, how about you?
About Janet M Perry
Janet Perry is the Internet's leading authority on needlepoint. She designs, teaches and writes, getting raves from her fans for her innovative techniques, extensive knowledge and generous teaching style. A leading writer of stitch guides, she blogs here and lives on an island in the northeast corner of the SF Bay with her family
Leave a Reply