Today we’ll start the summer stitch-along by stitching the outlines. This article also gives you the materials you’ll need to stitch the project. In addition to the threads, there are some embellishments.
- 1 skein Pepperpot Silk 066 Coconut (white)
- 1 skein Treenway 3.5 mm silk ribbon Montano colors Fuchsia (magenta)
- 1 skein Wateercolours 208 Tangerine (orange)
- 1 skein Planet Earth Silk 131 Heartthrob (magenta)
- 1 skein Planet Earth Silk 188 Graphite (blue)
- 1 skein Planet Earth Silk 6-strand 1055 Lime (yellow-green)
- 1 skein Planet Earth Silk 6-strand 1059 Treetop (green)
- 1 skein Planet Earth Silk 6-strand 1222 Jazz (pink)
- 1 skein Vineyard Silk C-195 Sea Glass (light gren)
- 1 skein Vineyard Silk C-062 Fern (green)
- 1 skein DMC Floche 742 (yellow)
- 3 skeins Dinky Dyes Silk 237 Your Majesty (violet)
- 1 card Grandeur G802 (white)
- 6 bronze or gold round brads 3/16″
- 1 white or silver round brad 3/16″
- assorted violet round glue-on stickers
- 2 gemstone cut black brads 3/8″
Stitch the outline in below, using white (066) Pepperpot Silk. In this stitch, all stitches that slant in the same direction will bo on intersections that have the same thread (horizontal or vertical) on top. Because of this characteristic, you do not have to stitch the entire outline at once.
Do not stitch the mouth, it will be stitched later.
Do not stitch the whiskers or the crosses around the violet patch, they are added at the end with the embellishments.
Stitch the nose in Hawthorn, below, using four strands of pink (1222) Planet Earth 6-strand.
Come back next Sunday for the next patch!