This week we are stitching the light blue-green stripe (or blocks) on the tree. It’s stitched using Silk Lame from Rainbow Gallery.
The canvas is unusual because all the areas have glitter on them. That makes threads that are a combination of metallic and non-metallic threads perfect here. Although different colors of the same thread would work, I thought it would be fun to make this project a thread sampler as well as a stitch sampler. Here’s brieft descriptions of the threads used:
Metallic with Non-metallic Threads
- Neon Rays + is a flat thread that combines Neon Rays, a rayon thread, with metallic.
- Glisten is a round thread that is Merino wool twisted with a fine metallic for sturdiness.
- Silk Lame comes in three sizes and is a blended thread of silk, rayon, and metallic. Like Glisten, this thread is twisted for sturdiness.
- Entice is a round rayon thread that is blended with metalic and non-metallic polyester. It is also twisted.
- Crystal Braid is a metallic for 18 mesh. It combines several light colors in each shade including an Aurora Borelis Mylar that adds sparkle.
- Treasure Braid Petite is a metallic thread that is slightly thinner than #4 Kreinik.
- Rainbow Linen is a size 16/2 single-strand linen thread that has a slightly rough texture.
The stitch for this stripe is Cashmere and Reverse Mosaic, below.
If you are stitching the blocks tree, the stitch is Tent Corner Byzantine, below.